You are unsure how to create a perfect wispy lash map for your clients? Read this article right away to learn 03 useful tips on “How to create a wispy lash map” using these simple steps.
What Is Wispy Lash Map?
Wispy lash map is a technique used in the lash extension industry to plan and determine the placement of lash extensions for achieving a wispy, textured look. It involves mapping out the lash design by considering factors such as lash lengths, thicknesses, curls, and the strategic placement of volume and spike lashes.
The purpose of wispy lashes mapping is to create a customized lash set that enhances the client’s natural eyelashes and eye shape while achieving a feathery, wispy effect. By carefully analyzing the client’s eye shape, desired outcome, and natural lash characteristics, a lash technician can plan the lash mapping accordingly.
What Do You Need For Wispy Lash Map?
- Eyeliner or Pencil: This is used to map out the lash design on the skin. It helps you plan and visualize the placement of lash extensions.
- Eye Gel Pads: These pads are placed on the bottom lashes to protect them during the application process. They also provide a surface to draw the lash mapping lines on.
- Pen: A red pen is recommended for lash mapping as it provides good contrast against the natural eyelashes when drawing on the eye gel pad. However, a black pen can also be used, although the lines may be less visible. Choose the pen color that works best for you and allows you to clearly see the mapping lines.
- Eyelash Extensions: Different types of eyelash extensions, including various curls and lengths, are necessary for wispy lash mapping. These extensions will be applied based on the mapped-out design, creating the desired wispy effect.
07 Things To Look For Before Beginning Lash Mapping
Before beginning lash mapping, it is essential to evaluate various features of your client’s eyes and face to ensure that the requested lash style will suit them.
- Shape of the Eyes: Determine if the client has monolid, almond, round, protruding, hooded, symmetrical, small, or big eyes. The eye shape will influence the placement and design of lash extensions.
For example, individuals with an upwardly slanted eye shape would be well-suited for a wispy cat eyelash extension style. Wispy cat eyelash extensions will not only elongate the lashes but also create a more open appearance for those with deep-set eyes.
- Angle of the Eyes: Observe whether the client’s eyes are slightly downturned, straight, or slightly upturned. This will affect how the lash extensions should be applied to enhance the eye shape.
- Space Between the Eyes: Measure the distance between the eyes to determine if they are close-set or wide-set. If the space is narrower than the breadth of one eye, they are close-set, while a broader space indicates wide-set eyes.
- Natural Lash Health: Assess the strength and condition of the client’s natural lashes. If the natural lashes are weak, very long or heavy lash extensions may not be suitable. Consider the client’s natural lash length and thickness to determine the appropriate lash extensions.
- Curl of the Natural Lash: Some people have naturally curling lashes, while others have straight or downward-pointing lashes. Properly curling the lashes with extensions can enhance the client’s eye shape and prevent them from appearing obscured or odd.
- Shape of the Brow: Consider how the eyebrows shape the face and frame the eyes. Choose lash extension shapes that work harmoniously with the client’s brow shape.
- Shape of the Face: Take into account the client’s face shape. Wide faces can generally handle more dramatic lash styles, while a narrow face may be overwhelmed by a wide cat-eye or overly long lashes.
Before starting the wispy lash extensions map procedure, have a discussion with your client. Understand their desired look, but be prepared to suggest alternatives if necessary. Explain any changes or adjustments you propose and justify them based on your analysis. It’s important to ensure that the chosen lash style will enhance the client’s features and make them look their best.
03 Step To Create Wispy Lash Map Style
Step 1: A Map On The Skin
Instruct the client to keep their eyes open, sit upright, and look straight ahead. This ensures that you accurately capture their facial features. Using a colored pen or eyeliner, place dots on the skin where you want the longest lashes to be when the client’s eyes are open. You can place the dots near the brows or close to the lash line if the lids and lashes have been cleaned prior to mapping. Use multiple dots to indicate different sections, depending on the lash mapping style you choose. These dots will serve as reference points later when the client closes their eyes.
Step 2: Put Eye Pads On
Place eye gel pads firmly over the client’s lower lashes. Gently apply pressure to ensure the pads stay in place. It is crucial to maintain a distance of about 1 to 2 mm from the eye’s waterline for safety.
Step 3: Create Wispy Lash Mapping Style On The Eye Gel Pads
Before starting eyelash extensions, ask the client to close their eyes. Using the colored pen or eyeliner, recreate the lines you drew on the skin on the eye gel pads. Note that the positions of the dots may appear slightly different when the eyes are closed, but focus on how they align when the eyes are open. Draw lines on the eye gel pads to indicate where the lash extensions will be applied. Divide the space into sections based on your preferred style and any instructions from the client. Note the desired lengths and curls for each region, considering the agreed-upon lash style.
Becoming a great lash artist involves more than simply attaching lash extensions to natural eyelashes. To truly excel in this field, you need to master the art of wispy lash mapping styles. This expertise will enable you to unleash your creativity and tailor the perfect set of curved lashes for each individual client.
Lastly, don’t forget to stay updated with useful information and the best products on our website at https://vietnamlash.com/.